Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Royal Resort Playa del Carmen

Hilary:


We had the most AMAZING time! It was pure luxury, from the moment we checked in to the moment we left. I have never had such an amazing time and have never been as pampered as we were at the Royal. There were rose petals and champagne in the room when we walked in, and they left us a dessert spread on our last night there. Everything was very special. They actually brought drinks and frozen fruit to you on the beach and came around misting cold water on you when hot. It truly was awesome. Pretty laid back and quiet compared to other Mexican resorts I have been to, but I suspect it was a higher end resort so there wasn't groups of young drunks being loud and crazy all the time, more older people that could actually afford the place (which was fine with us we are not big crazy drinkers or partyers). Someone did screw up one of our traveler's checks at the hotel so we were out $100 until we got home, but it was alright since we had enough money to cover it, and also they said there was no dolphin swim listed with our booking, so I did not get to do that. I thought it was weird b/c it advertises all over online for the free dolphin swim for all bookings within that time period, so I don't know how they got away with that since it was online and on my paperwork.... was kind of bummed since I was looking forward to that but it's not like it ruined the trip or anything, just no swimming with dolphins. Andy was probably relieved :) So everything was fantastic and I would totally 100% recommend the Royal. We also ate at the sister resort next door and it was really good too. I would definately love to go back but I don't think we'll be able to afford it for quite a while.

Thanks for all your help on this and helping to make our stay wonderful. It was so nice to come in to the rose petals and champagne and I am sure they only did that b/c you mentioned it was our honeymoon. They really seem to cater to honeymooners down there.

Thanks again!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment